If you have decided that a Debt Management Program (DMP) is a good solution for resolving your current debt situation, then congratulations on your first step towards improve credit and less financial stress! While the DMP gives you benefits such as reduced interest or a consolidated payment, there are still several things that you should do to make sure your program is successful.
Below are some helpful tips to make sure your Debt Management Program moves as smoothly as possible:
- Make sure you change your due dates with your creditors to be at least 10 days after your payment date to CCCS.
- If your DMP payment date needs to be changed, please contact our office 5 business days in advance
- You can make extra DMP payments at any time. This will allow you to complete your program faster
- You will still receive monthly statements from your creditors which you should compare to your statements from CCCS
- If you receive any other communications from your creditors, reach out to the Client Support department at CCCS as soon as possible
- Be sure to call in and update your balances with our office every 6 month so we can make sure your program is on track
- Set aside at least $25 a month for emergency savings so you are not reliant on credit cards
- While on the program, do not open any new unsecured debts, like credit cards or personal loans